We will be giving away prizes from our friends at Brick by Brick and House of Blues San Diego. Come in costume and the best costumes will get free tickets!
Thank you for being a vendor at Metal Swap Meet 2018.
Please read this whole page before contacting us with questions. Here’s what you need to know about vending.
- Your space is 10×10 feet
- Vendors need to arrive no later than 9am. If you are late, you will be denied without refund.
- No alcoholic beverages in the vendor areas. If they are found, you will be asked to leave.
- Vendor spots are first come, first serve. The people who arrive last will be positioned furthest away from the entrance.
- We provide you with a 6 foot x 30″ table, and 2 folding chairs.
- There are no electrical hookups on site this year.
- You may bring a canopy that is no larger than 10×10 feet.
- You may have 2 people at your booth.
- Vendors may not unload from, or park vehicles in the Metal Swap Meet area. You will need to cart in your stuff from where you parked (see map below)
- Pack up all your stuff. Do not leave trash, canopies, or anything else. Just leave the table and chairs we provided for you.
- Look after your neighbors. We have not had issues with shoplifters, but please help each other out by being watchful.
- Smoking only in permitted designated areas.
- Have fun! This year, we wanted to spotlight our awesome vendors, and we thank you for being a part of the Metal Swap Meet!
The red area is the vendor area, the blue areas are where you can park. You may park at the Performance Archery parking lot. All other lots from neighboring business are at your own risk. We are not responsible if your car is ticketed or towed.
The San Diego METAL SWAP MEET recently held their 8th annual event at the Quartyard in downtown San Diego, California.
This year’s event featured American power metal godfathers JAG PANZER as the headliner musical act on the main stage on site and Phil Anselmo’s SUPERJOINT as the headliner at the official after-party held at the legendary Brick by Brick concert club located off site.
In addition, meet and greets were held with members of JAG PANZER, SUPERJOINT, HIRAX, NUNSLAUGHTER, legendary heavy metal producer Bill Metoyer. Original IRON MAIDEN cover artist Derek Riggs once again was present selling copies of his original artwork, books and shirts with legendary and classic designs. Hirax vocalist Katon W. De Pena was the DJ throughout the day and played tons of classic and obscure metal music for the attendees. An overwhelming and endless selection of metal merchandise and vinyl vendors, were on hand in addition to the crew from METAL BLADE Records and San Diego’s own road master mobile burger stand FULL METAL BURGERS.
After a 30 day recuperation period, the San Diego Metal Swap Meet organizers have issued a recap of the 2017 sold out event:
Brian Parker (Metal Swap Meet Founder): “I was blown away by the reception at the 2017 Metal Swap Meet! The vendors brought some great merchandise, the attendees had amazing attitudes, and of course, I was absolutely floored by Jag Panzer’s performance! Moving to a larger venue gave us a lot of freedom, and it brought a better experience for everyone. Now let’s get hyped for 2018!”
Israel Pelayo (Metal Swap Meet Lead Organizer): “To be honest we were a little nervous while planning this years Metal Swap Meet, going to a new outdoor venue in a new part of town and all that entailed, but at the same time had high expectations that were met and even surpassed. From the amazing performance of Jag Panzer who just blew me away to the way everyone enjoyed our meet and greets and our great staff, to the huge number of metalheads who supported us this year we couldn’t have a asked for a better day. This year really demonstrated to us that we are going in the right direction and we are happy to provide such a special event to Metal fans from all over. We have many more great features planned for next year and hope even more people attend the San Diego Metal Swap Meet”
In addition, members of Jag Panzer, Hirax and Full Metal Burgers provided additional comments:
Jag Panzer vocalist Harry “The Tyrant” Conklin: “The swap meet was amazing. So much to do and see from the metal community. People were receptive and engaging. The management was top notch and very friendly. I now want to play every year with all 3 of the bands I am affiliated with.”
Hirax vocalist / metal DJ Katon W. De Pena: “I’ve been watching the San Diego Metal Swap Meet consistently grow every year. They stay true to the underground heavy metal work ethic. I am proud to be a part of it. It is a gathering of fans who celebrate all of the aspects of heavy metal music. The camaraderie and respect is something to behold! To those who have not had a chance to come and visit the San Diego Metal Swap Meet… this is the place to be! Music, Culture, Art, Merchandise / memorabilia, ice cold beer (for the adults) as well as family fun for all … it is here under one banner!”
Full Metal Burgers owner and chef Ben commented: “Full Metal Burgers was honored to be a part of the 8th Annual Heavy Metal Swap Meet in San Diego. We couldn’t think of a better event for us to cater and it felt like home for us. This was easily our most successful event to date and the positive response and feedback from all of the attendees and event organizers was overwhelming. We’re already looking forward to being back, bigger and badder next year.
I expected to have a chance to walk around and take in the best that the Southern California metal community had to offer for merch, meet and greets and live music but we were so slammed as soon as we opened that I never got the chance. By the time the horde was done feasting it was time to pack up and head out so I’ll need to get there earlier next year to make it around. By all accounts though, this was a fantastic event, the crowd was amazing, and Jag Panzer killed it from what we could hear. Thank you to all the organizers”
For the latest news, visit the official San Diego Metal Swap Meet and Full Metal Burgers website and Facebook pages:
Biography: Since 2009, the San Diego Metal Swap Meet has brought a unique event to Southern California. The event provides a place for metal merchants to sell their clothing, art, CDs, vinyl, patches, and just about anything else heavy metal related. It also offers a DJ, playing everything from early heavy metal favorites, to obscure metal gems. This is not only a merchandise central event, but it is also a social event, where old friends meet, and new friends are made.
The San Diego Metal Swap Meet has a tradition of offering an all ages avenue for the younger crowd to experience the record store vibe of the 80’s and 90’s, while also seeing a well known live band, to close the event, all for a very affordable door fee.
Past Performers and Special Guests:
*DJ Katon (from HIRAX)
*Derek Riggs (IRON MAIDEN cover artist)
*ANGER AS ART
*SONS OF SATAN (VENOM Tribute)
*RUINES OV ABADDON
Photo by Ted Banks
Metal Swap Meet 2017 was a big success! We had over 1,500 people visit, and everyone looked to be having a great time. Special thanks to Katon from Hirax, for DJing the event. Big thanks to our friends at Jag Panzer for playing. They totally killed! Thanks to the vendors for being patient while we worked out a few kinks, due to the new venue. Huge thanks to all who attended. You were respectful, patient, and an absolute pleasure to party with. Big thanks for signing at the Metal Icons table, Bill Metoyer, Don “of the Dead” Crotsley, Don Doty, Katon, and Jag Panzer. Thanks to Quartyard for hosting the event, and our sponsors Pabst Blue Ribbon, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Metal Blade Records, Lock and Shock Music Merchandise, Del Mar Blue Print, Brick by Brick, Dark Descents Records, Modern Times Beer, SD Tech Building Solutions, and GraphicLab Promotional Products. Also, a huge thanks to our volunteers!
A quick note for interested vendors, we will have a public form where vendors can sign up, and we will select vendors based on relevancy and other criteria. This is to provide the best experience to the attendees.
We will update this from time to time, but the best way to stay on top of the latest news from the Metal Swap Meet is to follow our Facebook page.
- Pre-sales are over, but you can still get your general admission ticket at the door. Doors open at 11am
- Jag Panzer has been added to the Metal Icons signing at 2pm.
- Jag Panzer starts at 4pm
- We will have Full Metal Burgers out there serving food, but there are plenty of other food options.
- We could reach capacity, so if you get in, try to stay inside, as we could be limiting people coming back in. Waiting to arrive, or return at 4pm to see Jag Panzer could result in you not getting in, because of capacity. Even if you have a ticket, you could be turned away.
- Public transportation: You can take the Coaster or Amtrak to Santa Fe Depot, then take the trolley to the Park & Market trolley station.
- Parking, there are some metered parking on the same block, as well as a pay lot right behind Quartyard (11th & Market), and parking a few blocks away like 8th & F, and more. Check out Ace Parking for a map. The Padres do not play at home that day, so we do not anticipate high parking prices.
- Bring identification, if you bought tickets at Eventbrite, you will be required to show ID to find your name on the list. Also, you cannot buy alcohol without proper ID.
- If you purchased multiple tickets, but some of your party is arriving at a different time, be sure to let them know the tickets are listed under your name.
- VIP and Diehard ticket holders, please bring your tickets to the Metal Swap Meet table, to get your merch.
- Bring lots of cash. There is an ATM there, and some vendors accept credit cards, it would be a good idea to be prepared.
- Wear sunblock and a hat. Quartyard is outdoors, and it looks like it will be a typical sunny San Diego spring day.
- Bring ear plugs.
- Bring bags. Not all vendors have bags, so it would be a good idea to bring one.
- No outside food or alcohol is allowed.
- This venue is new for us, so we could have a few glitches to iron out. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- Pick up a Metal Swap Meet shirt! We can really use some support by buying a shirt to keep this event going. Shirts are size S-XXXL and are $20 each.
See where it started, and where it’s going, when Brian appears on The Vinyl Exam Podcast.
In this episode Keith sits down (in a loud Microbrewery Tap room) with Brian Parker from San Diego Metal Swap Meet, a once-a-year event with records, t-shirts, live band performances and more. Brian talks with Keith about the evolution of the Swap Meet, where it may be going and, of course, metal.
You can now get your V.I.P. ticket, with your After Party with Superjoint ticket! The V.I.P. includes early entry, entrance to the Modern Times V.I.P. lounge, beer specials, tote bag, and badge. Superjoint is playing the Metal Swap Meet After Party with Battlecross, Child Bite, BeeKeeper (CA), Sight Unscene.
Get your ticket now with TicketFly.
V.I.P. passes include:
- Get in 1 hour early (10am)
- Exclusive access to the Modern Times V.I.P. lounge with seating, shade, and beer specials.
- Exclusive San Diego Metal Swap Meet shirt
- San Diego Metal Swap Meet tote bag
- San Diego Metal Swap Meet VIP badge
Hurry, the price goes up on March 1!
Diehard passes include:
- Get in 1 hour early (10am)
- San Diego Metal Swap Meet 2017 shirt
- San Diego Metal Swap Meet can koozie
Both passes can now be purchased at Eventbrite.
- Metal Swap Talk Episode 003 Interview Derek Riggs, artist for Iron Maiden at High Dive July 12, 2019
- Metal Swap Talk Episode 002 Nocturnus, Rotting Christ, Necrochamber July 12, 2019
- Metal Swap Talk Episode 001 June 13, 2019
- Halloween Costume Contest at Metal Swap Meet October 15, 2018
- Metal Swap Meet 2018 Vendor Info October 9, 2018
- 2017 San Diego Metal Swap Meet recap June 5, 2017
- Thank you! May 10, 2017